Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Adventure Begins.....part II

Well I have made it to Washington DC and I start training tomorrow. I must say that I have the "first day of school" butterflies: will I be able to sit at the cool table at lunch, will I be wearing the right clothes?

I am moved into my studio apartment. The State Department has a contract with a complex called Oakwood. It is very interesting, it is one big room with a couch, sitting chair and 2 tvs! (Plus the bed taking its half out of the middle of the room!) there is also a small kitchen fully furnished. A maid is provided one day a week, for those that know my housekeeping skills (or lack thereof) know that this is a benefit that has no equal! The other benefit is that there is a Target 1.3 miles away.

All of my worldy possessions were packed up and are currently stored in Maryland. I must say it was a little sad to pack everything up when I have no idea when or even where I will see all of my things again. I figure one of two things can happen: 1)it is so long until I am settled an can unpack my clothes that they are out of style or 2) it is so long until I am settled an can unpack my clothes that they have gone out of style but have made it BACK into style!

I had better get go over my check list for tomorrow again-I want to make sure I don't forget anything. I should have my list of choices tomorrow so I will update soon.

No comments: